Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and I recently noticed that I have used 63 out of 64G on my phone, so I bought more storage. Nothing changed, so I searched up what I had done wrong and it told me to sign out and sign into my Apple ID, and that’s what I did. Nothing happened. I tried purchasing it again, and it said that the process was complete, but my phone still says my storage is full and my phone is constantly reseting after every time I close an app. Please help!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 8:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:34 AM

iCloud Storage and the device's local capacity and different and unrelated. buying iCloud Storage does not in any way change, modify or increase your device's local capacity. That cannot be changed, it's a physical chip in the device and has physical storage limits. Link-> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you need more local storage, you either delete stuff from the iPhone or buy an iPhone with more storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 9:34 AM in response to eline99

iCloud Storage and the device's local capacity and different and unrelated. buying iCloud Storage does not in any way change, modify or increase your device's local capacity. That cannot be changed, it's a physical chip in the device and has physical storage limits. Link-> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you need more local storage, you either delete stuff from the iPhone or buy an iPhone with more storage.

iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.