Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security breach

I have iphone 12 mini and it is getting unlocked by my face as well as my brothers face . So is this apple security? It is worse than the android face recognition..

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 9:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 10:09 AM

Apple states in their documents that there is a possibility of siblings looking alike enough to open each other's phones..

That's not a security breach.

About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support

Does your brother know your iPhone passcode? If so, that won't help anything as the algorithm will be taught that it's you.

You could try resetting Face ID and setting it up again.

Or, if you don't trust your brother around your phone, then turn off Face ID for unlocking the phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 10:09 AM in response to Pranav3010

Apple states in their documents that there is a possibility of siblings looking alike enough to open each other's phones..

That's not a security breach.

About Face ID advanced technology - Apple Support

Does your brother know your iPhone passcode? If so, that won't help anything as the algorithm will be taught that it's you.

You could try resetting Face ID and setting it up again.

Or, if you don't trust your brother around your phone, then turn off Face ID for unlocking the phone.

Security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.