Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My App Store says “upgrade to iOS 14.0”

When ever I want to download an app on my Apps Store it write “upgrade to iOS 14.0”

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 12:34 PM

12 replies

Aug 13, 2022 12:43 PM in response to akaanan

Your profile indicates that you have an iPhone 6 Plus and have iOS 12 installed on it. The highest iOS version that can be installed on your iPhone 6 Plus is iOS version 12.5.5 and you already have it installed. As you have discovered, you cannot update your iPhone any further.

What is happening is that some of the apps that you want to download or update, from the App Store, are requiring iOS version 14 or higher. Your iPhone 6 Plus cannot accomplish this and you will need a newer model iPhone to run iOS version 14 or higher.

Axel F.

Aug 13, 2022 1:09 PM in response to akaanan

akaanan wrote:

I’m a little bit confused because my friend has the iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 12.5.5 and the same apps he installed when I try downloading it requires a new version on my iPhone

If you're certain about the iPhone model and iOS version your friend has, he probably downloaded the app when it only needed an older version of iOS. There's no way to get earlier versions of an app from the App Store.

My App Store says “upgrade to iOS 14.0”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.