Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Raw Support for the not so new Sony A7IV?

Anyone know how to request that apple add support for the not so new Sony Alpha ILCE-7 IV Raw files?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 11:50 PM

Here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

13 replies

Aug 16, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Commodore_65

I've not seen any mumbo-jumbo. Just statements of fact: no one outside of Apple knows what plans they have to add support for this - or any other - camera. Please point out the mumbo-jumbo in that statement. As for it being regurgitated, well if people ask the same question, they get the same answer until the situation changes. No one answering your questions here works for Apple. Did you think that we do? Personally I'm amazed that someone will spend more than $2,500 on a camera, even more on glass and then want to process the images in a giveaway app.

Aug 17, 2022 9:39 PM in response to Yer_Man

I never said your replies were inaccurate. I think you take an assumptive and opinionated approach with comments like "Personally I'm amazed that someone will spend more than $2,500 on a camera, even more on glass and then want to process the images in a giveaway app". Which your assumption is wrong thinking that the frustration is because RAW photos can’t be edited in in Photos App (MacOS or iOS's). It has to do with added complexity in workflow, tradeoffs in camera settings that negate Sony’s latest performance and functionality just for a thumbnail in Finder or the ability to attach a picture to an email or send in iMessage.

Nor did I ever think that you or anyone else who replies on this forum are Apple employees. Again another opinionated reply based on a wrong assumption. Though Apple does read the the questions and replies.  This way they know which replies to stamp “Apple recommended”.  Which happen to be replies that tow the party line, are parti-pris & aligned to their deaf ears.  You’re essentially free labor for Apple under the guise of a “community” and they don’t have be the bad guys who answer transparently with the truth / bad news.  Instead of getting money for your time spent answering their customer’s questions, Apple gives you a higher level or symbol next to your badge.  Not only did you fall for it, but you continue to do so.  Apple is the richest company in the world with the highest profit margins in the industry.  So, MAYBE some of us who post asking for RAW support are doing so in hopes that they’ll decide to invest some of the half a trillion they have in cash for one or two developers to write a RAW driver.  And MAYBE those of us who resort to posting these questions only do so ONLY after requesting multiple times from Apple via the official feedback channel that starts with “We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually”.

Aug 18, 2022 5:02 AM in response to Commodore_65

Words, I see, mean exactly what you want them to mean. So we'll assume that mumbo jumbo regurgitated non-answers bit was meant in a friendly way. Okay. After all, we're so close you like to call me Bud, right? And do you really send 30MB raws by iMessage?

The problem here is that all I know about you is what you post, and the tone you use to post it. I have no idea if you've requested support for the camera once, one hundred times or never. I also don't know if you understand how the forum works. Many people here don't. You certainly sounded like someone who didn't. In fact, given that in your most recent missive you describe yourself as one who posts here asking for Raw support, it does rather suggest that you don't know what the forum is for or how it works. What I do know that is you have been rude and aggressive. But here's the thing: whether you like the answer or not, that is the factual position. Just because you dislike the answer doesn't mean you get to trash it or the people responding.

As for why I post here? It's got to the point where both the London and Irish Times crosswords were over far too soon, and here seemed to offer a similar level of puzzle to figure out, while also helping people, if possible. But I'm not sure you would understand that. Have a nice day now.

Raw Support for the not so new Sony A7IV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.