Related Article: Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 1 works with ECG?

I have been given a Series 1 iwatch. I read somewhere that I could get the App for an ECG. Is this correct.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 2:36 PM

See the following from https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ecg/id1459546745

With the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later, you can take an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram. The ECG app can record your heartbeat and rhythm using the electrical heart sensor on Apple Watch Series 4 and then check for signs of atrial fibrillation (AFib), a form of irregular rhythm.

and the following from Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

The ECG app can record your heartbeat and rhythm using the electrical heart sensor on Apple Watch Series 4, Series 5, Series 6, or Series 7* and then check the recording for atrial fibrillation (AFib), a form of irregular rhythm.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 2:36 PM in response to Eileenilana

See the following from https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ecg/id1459546745

With the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later, you can take an ECG similar to a single-lead electrocardiogram. The ECG app can record your heartbeat and rhythm using the electrical heart sensor on Apple Watch Series 4 and then check for signs of atrial fibrillation (AFib), a form of irregular rhythm.

and the following from Take an ECG with the ECG app on Apple Watch - Apple Support

The ECG app can record your heartbeat and rhythm using the electrical heart sensor on Apple Watch Series 4, Series 5, Series 6, or Series 7* and then check the recording for atrial fibrillation (AFib), a form of irregular rhythm.

Apple Watch Series 1 works with ECG?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.