Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I transfer data from my ipad 2nd generation to my new ipad 9th generation?

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 4:59 PM

You should be able to do that with a Mac or PC. What will be transferred (especially app data) might be limited if the app compatibility is different. It should be able to copy over things like photos/video as well as notes and other Apple app data, but again there could be limitations if the versions are considerably different.

Use the Finder or iTunes to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 4:59 PM in response to 01d13

You should be able to do that with a Mac or PC. What will be transferred (especially app data) might be limited if the app compatibility is different. It should be able to copy over things like photos/video as well as notes and other Apple app data, but again there could be limitations if the versions are considerably different.

Use the Finder or iTunes to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Aug 13, 2022 2:52 PM in response to 01d13

Yes, on your 2nd generation iPad go to Settings > Apple ID (your name at the top) > iCloud and select all items you wish to sync.

If you login to the same Apple ID on your new iPad and ensure the sync is the same all items you have selected should sync between the new devices as they’ll be saved on the cloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.