Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't customize order of songs in Apple Music

Other have this issue. And I see some responses / answers. But those answers do NOT work.

Who would make such a POS where the user can NOT drag a song up/down and put it in the order they want? JUNK.

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:07 PM

3 replies

Aug 13, 2022 7:57 PM in response to ed2345

hey ed2345,

a bit dry, but not being completely devoid of GUI ops I got it. The first piece of advice would be (or should have been) "Heya there palski! Didja make a "playlist"?? I know, I know - what a p.i.t.a.! But whatever the case, you must make a playlist. Once done you can do whatever."

Hitherto I was stuck in the wild-wooly days of free PC music apps where you could do whatever. Regardless, based on your dry (very limited) instruction I deduced that "There must be a way and ed12345 mentions a playlist so better make this mass of songs a playlist and go from there."

So thank you, ed2345, you cracked the scales off my eyes. Apple ping-pongs 'tween being brutally simple / easy to use AND way way way too man steps. It's a weird dichotomy that I still have a hard time believing. Like "Ok, really? On a PC that is a simple task. On an Android that is one click. Yet on apple OS / iphone, it's like 50 clicks".

Thanks again and have a nice day!!

Aug 14, 2022 7:47 AM in response to orangehelp71

... I deduced that "There must be a way and ed12345 mentions a playlist so better make this mass of songs a playlist and go from there."

So thank you, ed2345, you cracked the scales off my eyes. Apple ping-pongs 'tween being brutally simple / easy to use AND way way way too man steps. It's a weird dichotomy that I still have a hard time believing. Like "Ok, really? On a PC that is a simple task. On an Android that is one click. Yet on apple OS / iphone, it's like 50 clicks".

Thanks again and have a nice day!!

Yup, gotta have a playlist and then all is good.

Glad it is working now! Enjoy the music (in the right order, lol).

Can't customize order of songs in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.