Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotspot turns off at random times

When i am connected to my iphone hotspot sometimes my hotspot will just randomly turn off, i have heard that it might be due to the phone thinking that the other device isn’t using the hotspot, so it just turns off. I saw a youtube video and the guy recommended to go to hotspot settings and disable maximize conpatability, but the option doesn’t even show up for me. Can anyone help me so i can play games or watch youtube without losing connection mid game or mid video. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:12 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 14, 2022 3:44 PM in response to AndisCalis

Hi there AndisCalis,

If Personal Hotspot is disconnecting, start with these steps:

Use these steps first

Try connecting again after each step.

1. Check that Personal Hotspot is turned on in Settings > Personal Hotspot. If you can't find or turn on Personal Hotspot, check that your wireless carrier enabled it and that your wireless plan supports it.

2. Restart the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot and the other device that needs to connect to Personal Hotspot. 

3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.

4. On the iPhone or iPad that provides Personal Hotspot, go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset, then tap Reset Network Settings.

If the issue persists, follow the remaining steps relevant to your connection type here: If Personal Hotspot is not working on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular)

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Hotspot turns off at random times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.