Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My two factor authentication phone number do not work anymore

My phone number I have on the two factor authentication is no longer in service. How can I change my new number to the two factor??? Everything goes to the no service number please help

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 3:20 PM

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2022 3:20 PM in response to trevaughn0933

As long as you still have your Recovery Key and remember your Apple ID password, you can sign in and add a new trusted device or phone number to your account. You can also remove any devices you may have lost, sold, or given away.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
  2. On the Verify Your Identity screen, select "Can’t access your trusted devices?"
  3. In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
  4. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

Remove the device you no longer wish to use to verify your identity. If you have additional devices with Find My iPhone enabled, you can verify them as trusted devices. You can also add additional trusted phone numbers.

Aug 13, 2022 3:20 PM in response to trevaughn0933

First off your 2FA codes normally are sent to your Trusted Devices via secure data, NOT via SMS text.

However, your Trusted Numbers are VITAL to regaining access to your account if you loose access to ALL of your trusted devices.

Your trusted numbers can be updated from the AppleID section of your iPhone, iPad, or Mac’s settings …

… or via a web browser at https://appleid.apple.com/

My two factor authentication phone number do not work anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.