Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you permanently block calls & messages on iPhone?

How do you permanently block calls & messages.

I’ve enabled the blocked feature.

But, calls & messages continue coming thru.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 13, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:52 AM

You will have to block every number, email etc. Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone ...

When you block a number that is permanantly blocked.

Probably the number you are trying to block is a one-way SMS. You cannot block that but you may filter them --> Filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Types of SMS services known to me.

One-way SMS: A business may have something to say, so they may send a single text message blast to get the word out. For example; Promotional SMS, Notices, Verification Codes, Bank OTPs, Transaction Confirmation, offers, Coupon, Discounts, Flash SMS, Reminders etc

Two-way SMS: This is what most of us use.

SMS Chatbots: The chatbot will allow an organisation's clients to start or stop a service or interact with FAQs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 12:52 AM in response to gaylynn290

You will have to block every number, email etc. Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone ...

When you block a number that is permanantly blocked.

Probably the number you are trying to block is a one-way SMS. You cannot block that but you may filter them --> Filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Types of SMS services known to me.

One-way SMS: A business may have something to say, so they may send a single text message blast to get the word out. For example; Promotional SMS, Notices, Verification Codes, Bank OTPs, Transaction Confirmation, offers, Coupon, Discounts, Flash SMS, Reminders etc

Two-way SMS: This is what most of us use.

SMS Chatbots: The chatbot will allow an organisation's clients to start or stop a service or interact with FAQs.

How do you permanently block calls & messages on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.