Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes august 2022

Why can't I simply preview and then but a song from the itunes store? Every time I try I get a pop up telling me to try apple music. I don't want to try or join apple music. I just want to find songs, preview them and then purchase them.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 12:58 AM

Make sure you re-choose the "iTunes Store" option on the selection bar (it may have changed back to "Apple Music"). You should see the buy option now.

You can also disable Apple Music in Preferences > Restrictions

5 replies

Aug 14, 2022 12:42 AM in response to -Bubba-

Hey Bubba, thanks for your response. What price? I can't even get that far. I'm using my macbook pro (like I always have). I go to itunes store, type in the song I'm looking for. All good so far. I find the song, press the little arrow to preview it, and a pop up appears saying 'try apple music for free bla bla bla. I close that. If I click on the ... I get 'more info' or 'share'. If I click on the + I get

something about having to merge icloud library. No price, no option to preview, nothing.

itunes august 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.