Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail flag colors

Having read previous messages on this topic:

Our Mail flags are just dreadful, inaccurate colors. Used migration assistant to move from High Sierra older Mac to M1 pro, Monterey 12.5. Have not messed with color balance within the Display.

Tag colors in Finder are just fine--so I assume this is not a display problem. My husband and I share the computer. When I am logged in, Grey and purple are almost indistinguishable (and I am an artist with excellent color perception.) Currently when he is logged in, yellow is brown, other colors off terribly.

This is a serious pain as we use flags to keep track of mail that comes in to a shared address.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:11 AM

No Migration for Intel computer running 2017 High Sierra macOS 10.13 to Monterey on M1 Mac Mini Monterey 12.5.

Refer to below and looks to these old eyes to about right .

Aside and " After the Fact " information of information purposes 😇

If the new computer is going to be the Apple Silicon M1 / M2 Equipped Computer - would suggest Only Migrating the User Account and nothing more.

Some have had success and others have been left with a mess when Migrating everything.

1 - Apple Silicon Monterey macOS 12 Only Support everything 64 bit and there is no workaround.

2 - Issues that may exist on the older computer will be migrated to the New Computer. This would badly pollute the new Original and Pristine installation of the new OS.

3 -  Applications, extensions and Software Drivers may or may not even work on the new computer.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 7:11 AM in response to PainterSinger

No Migration for Intel computer running 2017 High Sierra macOS 10.13 to Monterey on M1 Mac Mini Monterey 12.5.

Refer to below and looks to these old eyes to about right .

Aside and " After the Fact " information of information purposes 😇

If the new computer is going to be the Apple Silicon M1 / M2 Equipped Computer - would suggest Only Migrating the User Account and nothing more.

Some have had success and others have been left with a mess when Migrating everything.

1 - Apple Silicon Monterey macOS 12 Only Support everything 64 bit and there is no workaround.

2 - Issues that may exist on the older computer will be migrated to the New Computer. This would badly pollute the new Original and Pristine installation of the new OS.

3 -  Applications, extensions and Software Drivers may or may not even work on the new computer.

Apple Mail flag colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.