Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install my Logic Pro X 10.3.2 from my MBP (13-inch, Mid 2012) onto a new Macbook Air with either an M1 or M2 processor?

Hello

I have a MBP (13-inch, Mid 2012) which is getting a bit old and I think I will soon need to replace it. I am thinking of buying a new Macbook Air either with the M1 or the M2 processor.

I have Logic Pro X 10.3.2 on my curent MBP (13-inch, Mid 2012) so I don't much want to pay nearly another £180 to buy it again.

So can I install my currently-owned Logic Pro X 10.3.2 onto a new M1 or M2 Macbook Air? Or would I have to buy a new version of Logic Pro?

My understanding is that the M1 and M2 processors require different versions of software from those versions used with the Intel processor in my current MBP.

As always, any help will be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 10:17 AM

You don't have to buy it again, simply update from the App store. The app store keeps records of what you have purchased. Complaining about £180 and buying a new computer? Don't know if 10.3.2 will run under both a new MacOS and a new Processor, very doubtful.

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 14, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Pancenter

Thanks Pancenter, very helpful of you.

Not complaining about the possibility of having another £180 to pay on top of the getting on for two grand, just that it would mean I coudn't afford it and it wouldn't happen. Not for a while anyway. Blooming expensive these Macs for me, but I've used Logic for some time now so switching to something on Windows would be difficult (and not necessarily much less expensive for all I know). :-)

Aug 14, 2022 2:37 PM in response to Pancenter

So Logic 10.3.2 will not run on a Macbook Air with either the M1 or M2 processor (I had assumed it wouldn't). But, as I have previously purchased Logic X, which is in version 10.3.2 on my current MBP (13-inch, Mid 2012) - and which will not upgrade any further on that MBP - if I buy a Macbook Air with either M1 or M2, I CAN download the current version of Logic (10.7.4 according to "App Store") without having to pay any more for it?

Could you confirm this please.

Can I install my Logic Pro X 10.3.2 from my MBP (13-inch, Mid 2012) onto a new Macbook Air with either an M1 or M2 processor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.