Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6 not seeing all photos on iPhone 11 15.2

on connecting my phone to my mac to import recent photos through 'photos', only a few recent photos are showing. 100's are not?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 9:42 AM

11 replies

Aug 14, 2022 10:54 AM in response to LD150

? I think you may not understand the problem I’m having?

A lot of recent and not previously imported photos I’ve taken on my phone, are not visible in ‘photos’ on my Mac, having connected my phone to my Mac with the intention of importing all new photos. This is the first time I have experienced this issue. problem. The last time I imported photos (6 months ago?) this problem did not occur and all recent, unimpaired photos appeared.

when opening the d iPhotos app on my Mac though exceedingly slow running, iPhoto show all photos on my phone - non are missing? However, I’m not able to import from iPhotos as the photo files are not recognised (HEIC).

thsnk you for your thoughts.

Aug 15, 2022 1:42 AM in response to Yer_Man

Hello, The plot thickens – Image Capture sees all of the photos on my iPhone, the vast majority of them are listed as HEIC and AAE. Just one or 2 or images are listed as jpegs which seem strange. Why would my iPhone take photos of a different format on the same day? The HEIC photos are the ones that my MacBook Pro won't import. The error message reads 'file format is not supported by photos' Ive tried to open them in 'Preview' and Photoshop - same error message.

MacBook Pro OS Sierra 10.12.6 not seeing all photos on iPhone 11 15.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.