Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Synch Contacts from iPad 12 to iPhone 6S

Wife's iPhone 6S Contacts are not updated from Contacts on iPad 12. Both are backing up to iCloud. What else do I need to do? Contacts is listed as backing up to iCloud in Settings on both devices.

iPhone 6s, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 10:02 AM

Hello Gil Woolley,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, check the Apple ID on each device to make sure they're signed in to the same account. If the issue persists, the steps in the following resource can help when iCloud Contacts aren't updating: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 10:02 AM in response to Gil Woolley

Hello Gil Woolley,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. If you haven't already, check the Apple ID on each device to make sure they're signed in to the same account. If the issue persists, the steps in the following resource can help when iCloud Contacts aren't updating: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

Aug 15, 2022 1:07 PM in response to JovonaP.

Thank you very much.

I read your email above and went to implement the recommendations in the article to which you linked me.

The synch had already occurred overnight. I think!

One puzzle remaining is what is this process of swiping down through the contacts? I tried to do it and didn't feel as though I was swiping. The contact names just swirled down in the same direction.

However, to test whether synching is still happening, I went to my own contact page and made some trivial changes in the notes section and then looked at the other device and the change had been implemented by the time I got Contacts open on that device. And in the opposite direction, I changed things on my contact card on the other device and those changes showed up immediately on the first device.

Before I noticed that the two devices seemed already synched, I did check the Apple ID on both devices. I also changed the green to white on Contacts in iCloud and back again. I also completely closed Contacts and reopened it again. All things in the article. So, it is likely that something from the article did work but I wasn't immediately checking to see which adjustment might have caused synching. But now it appears that the two devices are synching immediately which is exactly what I wanted to do.

Synch Contacts from iPad 12 to iPhone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.