Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7plus couldn’t update

when my girlfriend was borrow my iphone even i give my password apple ID. When she return back to me until now my iphone couldn’t update . Please help me. Fix the bug

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 3:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 4:21 PM

I see 3 issues.

1. You need to be connected to WiFi to do an update on an iPhone 7. Updating with cellular can only be done on an iPhone 12 or later with a 5G connection. You can also connect to a computer to update.

2. You need to have your battery charged to at least 50%, yours is at 49%. Charge to at least 50%, better yet, leave the charger plugged in while updating.

3. You can't be in Low Power Mode while updating, turn that off.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using WiFi -

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update using your computer -

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Low Power Mode -

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 4:21 PM in response to Jamylamusngi08

I see 3 issues.

1. You need to be connected to WiFi to do an update on an iPhone 7. Updating with cellular can only be done on an iPhone 12 or later with a 5G connection. You can also connect to a computer to update.

2. You need to have your battery charged to at least 50%, yours is at 49%. Charge to at least 50%, better yet, leave the charger plugged in while updating.

3. You can't be in Low Power Mode while updating, turn that off.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using WiFi -

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update using your computer -

Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Low Power Mode -

Use Low Power Mode to save battery life on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Aug 14, 2022 4:30 PM in response to Jamylamusngi08

Jamylamusngi08 Said:

“My iPhone 7plus couldn’t update: when my girlfriend was borrow my iphone even i give my password apple ID. When she return back to me until now my iphone couldn’t update . Please help me. Fix the bug”

———-

Thank you for the screenshot.

For reference…

Updating an iPhone:

How to do so...

Determine if an Update will Install:

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

My iPhone 7plus couldn’t update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.