Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar opens to a contact instead of calendar

Accessing the calendar on iPhone 8 + with ios 15.1 opens a contact in my contacts. I want to open the calendar and see the calendar and not contact. How to resolve this issue. Only started after updating to ios 15.1

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 9:50 PM

sorryiphone Said:

"Calendar opens to a contact instead of calendar: Accessing the calendar on iPhone 8 + with ios 15.1 opens a contact in my contacts. I want to open the calendar and see the calendar and not contact. How to resolve this issue. Only started after updating to ios 15.1"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Syncing:

A. Re-Enable Calendar and Contacts:

Disable Calendar and Contacts in iCloud Settings on your iPhone. Then, enable both.

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Calendar (so that it is greyed-out)
  5. Tap: Contacts (so that it is greyed-out)
  6. Tap: Calendar (so that it is green)
  7. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Also...

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 9:50 PM in response to sorryiphone

sorryiphone Said:

"Calendar opens to a contact instead of calendar: Accessing the calendar on iPhone 8 + with ios 15.1 opens a contact in my contacts. I want to open the calendar and see the calendar and not contact. How to resolve this issue. Only started after updating to ios 15.1"

-------

Troubleshooting iCloud Syncing:

A. Re-Enable Calendar and Contacts:

Disable Calendar and Contacts in iCloud Settings on your iPhone. Then, enable both.

1. Click: Settings
  2. Tap: your Name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Calendar (so that it is greyed-out)
  5. Tap: Contacts (so that it is greyed-out)
  6. Tap: Calendar (so that it is green)
  7. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

Also...

B. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Calendar opens to a contact instead of calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.