Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Personal Hot Spot

My iPhone Personal Hotspot is not connecting on my pC laptop. any tricks?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 7:34 PM

OGJOHNMEYER wrote:

My iPhone Personal Hotspot is not connecting on my pC laptop. any tricks?

Hot spot is a carrier specific feature, if your plan has hot spot capability...

How to set up a Personal Hotspot on your iPhone or iPad

5 replies

Oct 11, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Mr. Fazookus

I use iPhone as a hotspot for my Windows PC daily and found it takes many resets and toggling on/off for both iPhone hotspot and PC's wifi before the PC can see the hotspot in the list of wifi networks. Sometimes I just have to walk away in frustration for 20 minutes or so and then come back and try again. There seems problem in the iPhone or its OS since the PC sees all other wifi spots without fail every single time.

Nov 23, 2022 9:56 AM in response to leroydouglas

If you have a VPN on your iPhone, turn it off, turn on the iPhone hotspot and see if your pc will now connect. I had the same problem. I tried everything I found on the internet for a fix, plus multiple calls to Apple and AT&T (my carrier). Somewhere along the line with upgrading the add on VPN was stopping the iPhone hotspot from connecting to the internet. My pc would show "connected, secure, no internet.

Personal Hot Spot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.