Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't erase the disk utility and mac OS recovery isn't working. What are the next steps?

Can't erase the disk utility and mac OS recovery isn't working. What are the next steps?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2022 6:38 PM

clairegriffith Said:

"Can't erase the disk utility and mac OS recovery isn't working. What are the next steps?"

-------

Getting Keys to Work:

Use an External Keyboard:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac (applies to Intel-based Macs only). As for connecting it, you may need this adapter, if the keyboard has not USB-C plug in it USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2022 6:38 PM in response to clairegriffith

clairegriffith Said:

"Can't erase the disk utility and mac OS recovery isn't working. What are the next steps?"

-------

Getting Keys to Work:

Use an External Keyboard:

Sometimes changes (i.e. updates) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. for keyboard) become manipulated, technically.  So, reset both the SMC and NVRAM on your Mac (applies to Intel-based Macs only). As for connecting it, you may need this adapter, if the keyboard has not USB-C plug in it USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.