Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My alarm is so quiet

On my iPhone 11 there seems to be this weird issue where my alarms are super quiet.

I even constantly adjusted and changed around the ringer and general volume settings.

Whenever I click on the alarm I want and it plays the preview, that preview is as loud as the ringer volume makes it, but when the alarm actually plays when the timer goes down, it’s super quiet.

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 12:10 AM

Thanks for your help,

Yes by disabling the attention aware feature that seem to have solved the problem

but it should be considered that this needs to fixed asap as now I can have only one of the two thing either i get my alarm or the feature and this needs to fixed

regards.

4 replies

Aug 25, 2022 11:36 AM in response to imaanpreet

imaanpreet,

Thank you for letting us know.

Just to confirm, does this happen with other sounds, such as notifications, or does it only happen with alarms?

Are Attention Aware features enabled on your device? If so, do you experience the same behavior when those features are off? You can find information about how to manage Attention Aware features here: Turn Attention Aware features on or off on your iPhone or iPad Pro

What are Attention Aware features?

Even if you don’t enroll in Face ID, the TrueDepth camera* intelligently activates to support Attention Aware features. With Attention Aware features, iPhone can check whether you’re paying attention to your device and automatically take action. For example,

• When you’re looking at your device, your display will not dim until you stop looking at your device.
• If you're looking at your device, it will lower the volume sound of your alerts.

If you don’t want to use these features, open the Settings app, tap Face ID & Passcode, then turn off Attention Aware Features.

Please also check out the "If the alarm volume is too low or quiet" part of this link for some additional information that may help: How to set and change alarms on your iPhone

If the alarm volume is too low or quiet

Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm still sounds.

If you have an alarm that doesn't sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:

• Set the volume on your iPhone. If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringer and Alerts.
• If your alarm only vibrates, make sure that your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
• If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm plays at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones.

Manually adjusting the time on your iPhone in Settings to change app behavior, like game timers, isn't recommended and can affect alarms.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2022 11:31 AM in response to imaanpreet

Hi imaanpreet,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We recommend that you restart your iPhone. This simple step can resolve many unexpected behaviors. Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

It's also a good idea to make sure that your iPhone has the latest software. Keeping iOS up to date ensures apps and features work as expected. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know the results. Be sure to include any other steps that you may have tried.

Cheers!

My alarm is so quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.