Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather widget gone after osx 11.6.8 update

It took me 5 attempts, over the course of 6 hours, to get the latest osx 11.6.8 Big Sur update today to download and install on my MBA. My MBA has the 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, with 58.44GB still available (after the update) on the 121GB Flash drive unused (my MBA is not my primary Mac, just the one I travel with). So memory/storage wasn't an issue. Yet, after the update finally finished installing (which, btw, took over 2 hours to complete, even with no other devices using the wifi this morning at my house 😫) I now find the Weather widget has disappeared. It's not in my Applications or Utilities folder either.  Any idea if that was intentional? Do I now have to go to the Apple Store to download it again, and maybe pay for it, or should I just get some other weather widget? If I get a different one, what do you recommend?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 11:43 AM

3 replies

Weather widget gone after osx 11.6.8 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.