Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find contacts APP on iPad for use with Facetime

I am on an older iPAd, but with current iOS. I can't seem to find the Contacts App, so that I can use those contacts when I'm doing a Facetime call.

In brief, I want to use my mom's email address for Facetime, and I can't find a way to initiate a call when I enter her email address.

I believe Facetime will try and reconcile with contacts, but I can't figure that out.

Any help appreciated

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 12:36 PM

10 replies

Aug 16, 2022 12:27 AM in response to goblue_audrey

goblue_audrey wrote:

I am on an older iPAd, but with current iOS. I can't seem to find the Contacts App, so that I can use those contacts when I'm doing a Facetime call.

Well, you started here, so perhaps this will help. (I’m not optimistic, but it’s worth a try.)

This assumes you’re in the U.S.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/contacts/id1069512615

Aug 16, 2022 12:19 AM in response to sberman

I can FaceTime others, like my brother who has an iPhone. He tested a FaceTime call from his iPhone to her iPad & it worked. But when I use that same email address (her Apple ID), the entry turns red & I buttons to start the FaceTime are disabled. Only happened with her, which made me wonder if it had something to do with contact settings

Aug 16, 2022 6:54 AM in response to sberman

@sberman - thanks so much for your continued suggestions.

I tried adding my Mom as a contact with only her email address (AppleID).

Went into Facetime, started typing her name - the app resolved her email address, but still doesn't give me an option to call her.

I think I'm going to have someone with the iPad have her try to call me, and then maybe we'll be able to connect.

I guess for now there's nothing else I can do. :-(

Aug 31, 2022 8:05 AM in response to sberman

@sberman --

Correct - mom does not have an iPhone, so a phone number is not an option.

SOLVED though -- my brother initiated a FaceTime from my mom's iPad to me, so now I can use that FT as a way to initiate one to her.

Bizarre though - her info comes across as her email, which is what I had tried before.

Problem solved, although still a mystery

Cannot find contacts APP on iPad for use with Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.