Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple remote will not work my volume up and volume down on my TV. It has all ways work the volume

My apple remote will not work my volume up and volume down on my TV. It has all ways work the volume

FireTVStick4K/Soundbar,

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 7:35 PM

You may restart just the remote, as detailed in:

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

1. Press and hold the TV/Control Center button  and the Volume Down button  at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on Apple TV turns off then turns on again.  
2. Release the buttons, then wait 5–10 seconds. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your TV screen. 
3. After your remote restarts, a Connected notification will appear on your TV screen.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2022 7:35 PM in response to 029faubers

You may restart just the remote, as detailed in:

If your Apple TV remote isn't working - Apple Support

1. Press and hold the TV/Control Center button  and the Volume Down button  at the same time. Hold the buttons down for about 5 seconds, or until the status light on Apple TV turns off then turns on again.  
2. Release the buttons, then wait 5–10 seconds. A Connection Lost notification will appear on your TV screen. 
3. After your remote restarts, a Connected notification will appear on your TV screen.

Aug 15, 2022 8:39 PM in response to Urquhart1244

OK. Was wondering; and if theirs controls Volume..

That may be due to conditions such as told of here:

"The Volume button on your Apple TV Remote in Control Center works

only when your Apple TV is set up with a HomePod, soundbar, or other

AirPlay 2-compatible speaker. If the Volume button is dimmed, use the 

volume button on the remote that came with your television." 

This is why I wondered; should conditions be met, that could work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.