Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I create a Shared Album in Photos, I can't see who is invited or invite anyone else.

I've followed instructions and tutorials on how to manage shared albums, and they all say to click on the Shared Album, then click on the People icon, then Add invites. But when I click on the People icon, it only lets me edit the title, or select "Subscribers Can Post", "Public Website", "Notifications", or click "Delete Shared Album".

I know there is supposed to be a box between the title and "Subscribers Can Post" where you should see the current invited people, and there should be a plus sign to add people. But in my shared albums it is NOT THERE! These are shared albums that I created myself. I have upgraded from Big Sur to Monterey, so that Photos went from v6 to v7, but that did not help, the problem remains.

Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 6:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:53 PM

Greetings Ben Ballard,

Ensuring your able to invite people to your shared is important and looks as though you've completed the troubleshooting steps in the related article: If Shared Albums aren't working

If so, let's restart your Mac by clicking the Apple logo towards the top-left, followed by Restart. After restarting, test to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, you'll also want to make sure you're running the latest macOS version. You can find the steps for updating macOS listed below and in the following article.

1. "Before continuing, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.
  2. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
  3. Click Software Update in the System Preferences window. Can't find Software Update?
  4. Software Update now checks for new software.
    • If Software Update finds new software, click Update Now or Upgrade Now to install. You might be asked to restart or enter an administrator password.
    • If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model."

Update macOS on Mac

If you continue to have issues after those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple. You can find their contact details via the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:53 PM in response to Ben Ballard

Greetings Ben Ballard,

Ensuring your able to invite people to your shared is important and looks as though you've completed the troubleshooting steps in the related article: If Shared Albums aren't working

If so, let's restart your Mac by clicking the Apple logo towards the top-left, followed by Restart. After restarting, test to see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, you'll also want to make sure you're running the latest macOS version. You can find the steps for updating macOS listed below and in the following article.

1. "Before continuing, it's a good idea to back up your Mac.
  2. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
  3. Click Software Update in the System Preferences window. Can't find Software Update?
  4. Software Update now checks for new software.
    • If Software Update finds new software, click Update Now or Upgrade Now to install. You might be asked to restart or enter an administrator password.
    • If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then no new software is currently available for your Mac model."

Update macOS on Mac

If you continue to have issues after those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple. You can find their contact details via the link below.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care!

Aug 19, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Ben Ballard

Thanks, Tony. Restarting Photos actually fixed it, which surprised me because I had done that a few times on Big Sur, and then after upgrading to Monterey the problem was still present, but then after quitting and restarting Photos again, it went away.

It may be exactly as you said, some temporary or cached data that may have been causing it and needed to get cleared or reset one way or another.

Aug 19, 2022 6:11 AM in response to Todd0213

Oddly enough I didn't even have to reboot. Quitting and restarting Photos fixed the problem. This was surprising because I had done that before on Big Sur and it had not helped, and the computer restarted as part of the Monterey upgrade process, yet the problem persisted.

I don't know that this case points to a root cause or enough specifics to identify a bug, but at least if anyone else encounters this it points toward a resolution.

After I create a Shared Album in Photos, I can't see who is invited or invite anyone else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.