Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Facebook app keep saying unexpected error???

Hi! My iPhone does not let me log into the Facebook app. It always gives me the “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try logging in again”. At first I believed this to be a Facebook error, but I am able to use said iPhone to log in with Safari, and can log into it on my laptop! I also recently upgraded my phone. I was excited thinking I was able to use the Facebook app, but as soon as I set up my iCloud it gave me the exact same error. I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING that the internet and other people have advised with 0 help. I don’t mind using safari to access my Facebook, but it limits everything including messenger, posting videos, etc. I am becoming very stressed.

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 9:55 AM

Cmcqueen1 wrote:

Hi! My iPhone does not let me log into the Facebook app. It always gives me the “An unexpected error has occurred. Please try logging in again”. At first I believed this to be a Facebook error, but I am able to use said iPhone to log in with Safari, and can log into it on my laptop! I also recently upgraded my phone. I was excited thinking I was able to use the Facebook app, but as soon as I set up my iCloud it gave me the exact same error. I’ve tried absolutely EVERYTHING that the internet and other people have advised with 0 help. I don’t mind using safari to access my Facebook, but it limits everything including messenger, posting videos, etc. I am becoming very stressed.

https://www.facebook.com/help

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 9:55 AM in response to Cmcqueen1

Cmcqueen1 wrote:

https://www.facebook.com/help

Why does my Facebook app keep saying unexpected error???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.