Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found a lost AirPod Pro, charged and paired it to see pig I could find the owner, but

The owner apparently can track it, and Find My said as much. When I follow these prompts, nothing happens. I just get a spinning circle and “waiting” message. And when I try to play a sound or use Find My, nothing happens, it can’t be found by the network. How can I access the supposed Lost Mode contact info? None of the prompts work! I would like to return it to the owner

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 15, 2022 8:08 PM

5 replies

Aug 15, 2022 10:01 PM in response to MrHoffman

Again, the prompt given states:

Learn More

1. This AirPod can be located by its owner using the Find My app. For more

information, follow the instructions below.

2. Press once on the AirPod stem with

two fingers.

3. Tap "Continue on Website" for more

information, and to see if there is a Lost

Mode message from the owner.

And when I did as prompted, nothing happened. Just a spinning circle and the word “waiting”. No “continue to website” button to click and find more information. Then Find My cannot even find a device that is literally right in front of me and connected. The question is why have a service if it does not work? Find My AirPods does not work for either the person who lost the item or the finder. As for myself, if I lost such an expensive item, I would have no trouble sharing my contact information in hopes that it would be returned…but I wouldn’t be able to share it, as it just sends the finder to a spinning “waiting” prompt. Perhaps, someday, we’ll read of the Find My AirPod Serial Killer, but it’s likely they’d be sent to wrong address anyway.

Aug 15, 2022 8:19 PM in response to MrHoffman

They are tracking it, the screenshot above supposedly should connect me to their Lost Mode message, but it does not. The question is more to why Apple’s service does not do what it should. The police I’m sure have a box full of lost earbuds, bus passes, electric toothbrushes, remote controlled vibrators, etc, all looking for the their owners, but that was not the question I was asking, thanks.

I found a lost AirPod Pro, charged and paired it to see pig I could find the owner, but

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.