Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook pro won't turn on

Why won't my macbook pro turn on? I press the power button and nothing happens, screen is black.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:16 AM

There are many reasons why it is not turning on, you could try these recommended steps to fix it:

1. Make sure that your Mac is connected to AC power. If it doesn't havea built-in display, make sure that your external display is connected to power, connected to your Mac, and turned on.
  2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release. Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  3. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  4. If your Mac now turns on but stops at some other screen during startup, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.

If all of these does not work, please contact Apple Support.

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support (MY)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:16 AM in response to 772-stp

There are many reasons why it is not turning on, you could try these recommended steps to fix it:

1. Make sure that your Mac is connected to AC power. If it doesn't havea built-in display, make sure that your external display is connected to power, connected to your Mac, and turned on.
  2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac for at least 10 seconds, then release. Every Mac has a power button. On notebook computers that have Touch ID, press and hold Touch ID.
  3. If you see no change on your Mac, press and release the power button normally.
  4. If your Mac now turns on but stops at some other screen during startup, follow the steps for when your Mac doesn't start up all the way.

If all of these does not work, please contact Apple Support.

If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support (MY)

my macbook pro won't turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.