Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot update my ios iphone 6

Cant update my iphone 6 ios

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 1:20 AM

Hi jefferzon,

What version of iOS are you currently on? To check you can go to:

Settings App > General > About > Software Version

I will assume that you are using an iPhone 6 and not a 6S and are on iOS version 12.5.5.

If this is the case, you are on the latest version of iOS supported for the iPhone 6. You can see a list of supported devices from Apple here:

List of devices which support iOS 12 (Which includes the iPhone 6)

List of devices which support iOS 13 (Which does not include the iPhone 6)

If you are not running the latest version of iOS, then you can upgrade by going to:

Settings App > General > Software Update

and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Of course, don't forget to do a backup first by either plugging your device in and using iTunes or by going to the following (if you use iCloud):

Settings App > Your name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now

If you are having other issues with updating your device, the community will need a little more information than 'cant update' in order to help you further.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 1:20 AM in response to jefferzon

Hi jefferzon,

What version of iOS are you currently on? To check you can go to:

Settings App > General > About > Software Version

I will assume that you are using an iPhone 6 and not a 6S and are on iOS version 12.5.5.

If this is the case, you are on the latest version of iOS supported for the iPhone 6. You can see a list of supported devices from Apple here:

List of devices which support iOS 12 (Which includes the iPhone 6)

List of devices which support iOS 13 (Which does not include the iPhone 6)

If you are not running the latest version of iOS, then you can upgrade by going to:

Settings App > General > Software Update

and then follow the onscreen instructions.

Of course, don't forget to do a backup first by either plugging your device in and using iTunes or by going to the following (if you use iCloud):

Settings App > Your name at the top > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Back Up Now

If you are having other issues with updating your device, the community will need a little more information than 'cant update' in order to help you further.

I cannot update my ios iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.