Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SEARCH IN CONTACTS APP NOT WORKING

Hi, I have an issue where I cannot manually search for my contacts unless I use Siri to search vocally. When I search manually it just shows a blank screen as if I have no contacts at all. Also, when I try to click on any contact, the app freezes and eventually crashes. This is so irritating as this phone is my work phone and I’m always using it to call clients. I have tried hard resetting my device, I’ve tried deleting and re-downloading the contacts app, I have tried every idea on the internet to fix this issue and nothing has worked. This issue only started to happen since the most recent update to iOS 15. I am avoiding restoring my device as I doubt this will fix the issue and I really don’t want to lose my data.

Please can you guys release an update to patch this annoying issue as soon as possible.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 3:00 AM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2022 3:57 AM in response to giodeflorio

Try this whether your contacts are in iCloud or in your chosen email account - you didn't say.

(You might want to back up the phone first, and if your contacts are phone only you have no remedy)

Close Contacts app. then for

Contacts in iCloud:

Settings, Your name, iCloud, Turn off contacts

Contacts in another email account:

Settings, Contacts, Accounts

Find the account with Contacts turned on. Turn contacts off  

When asked if you want to keep them, choose “delete from my iphone ”

Open Contacts app and it should be empty.

Power the phone off and back on.

Then

Contacts in iCloud:

Settings, Your name, iCloud, Contacts. Turn it On

Contacts in another email account:

Settings, Contacts, Accounts

Find the account with the Contacts again. Turn contacts On

Open Contacts app and it should be re-populated.

Then try the contacts or messages again. 

SEARCH IN CONTACTS APP NOT WORKING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.