Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

billing and texts from service provider

Hello,

This week. I have paid 3 small amounts in 2 popular games from the Apple Store. I always get a text from my service provider about the amount I’ve been charged due to me using Mobile Number for payment in settings.

However, suddenly I’ve gotten a text that a payment was successful with an amount that’s rather high. I did not do this myself. It always gives an Apple ID transaction code so I went to see in the apple billing site to review my history. This payment was no where to be found and I’ve no clue what it was supposed to be spend on. As i use mobile billing (on a pre paid sim card) this amount can’t even be spend cause i don’t have this amount on the number..

Now these questions go through my mind like, was this message a scam regardless of it coming from the usual service providers number? Was there an actual attempt to pay something? Do I need to do something/contact anyone? Am I in danger regarding my Icloud/financial stuff?

Thanks for anyone replying!

ps: A day ago i also received a text stating I got partial refund for something I actually did pay myself (did not request a refund whatsoever). Though I did not get a refund at all. And the payment is actually still marked as pending in apple billing..

Im confused…

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 6:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 7:08 AM

Yes, looks like scam.

Contact your carrier, and ask them to block that number.

Check ⤵️

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Support (UK)

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your device or accounts – Apple Support (UK)

Security and your Apple ID

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

A day ago i also received a text stating I got partial refund for something I actually did pay myself (did not request a refund whatsoever). Though I did not get a refund at all. And the payment is actually still marked as pending in apple billing..

Get more help:

Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

or -> Contact Apple Support -> Get Support (apple.com)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 7:08 AM in response to MonaMiko

Yes, looks like scam.

Contact your carrier, and ask them to block that number.

Check ⤵️

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store 

Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store – Apple Support (UK)

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your device or accounts – Apple Support (UK)

Security and your Apple ID

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

A day ago i also received a text stating I got partial refund for something I actually did pay myself (did not request a refund whatsoever). Though I did not get a refund at all. And the payment is actually still marked as pending in apple billing..

Get more help:

Call Apple in your region see: Contact Apple for support and service

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

or -> Contact Apple Support -> Get Support (apple.com)

billing and texts from service provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.