Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not working!

Hello! I have an old wireless magic keyboard (2003) I previously connected this keyboard to my iMac with macOS Catalina, but now I have upgraded my computer to Monterey. When I connect a keyboard via bluetooth, I don’t get a 6-digit pairing code. The code exits for 1 second and immediately disappears when I press the return key. As a result: I do not enter the code, the window with the code does not appear immediately to enter it on the keyboard.

On macOS High Sierra, the code is released and you can connect. On the iPhone, the same as on Monterey, the window with the code exits and immediately disappears when I press return.

How can I connect a keyboard to iMac? Are there any other ways? Through the terminal, for example? I really love this keyboard, it's comfortable!

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 7:11 AM

Anya2002012 wrote:

Hello! I have an old wireless magic keyboard (2003) I previously connected this keyboard to my iMac with macOS Catalina, but now I have upgraded my computer to Monterey. When I connect a keyboard via bluetooth, I don’t get a 6-digit pairing code. The code exits for 1 second and immediately disappears when I press the return key. As a result: I do not enter the code, the window with the code does not appear immediately to enter it on the keyboard.
On macOS High Sierra, the code is released and you can connect. On the iPhone, the same as on Monterey, the window with the code exits and immediately disappears when I press return.

How can I connect a keyboard to iMac? Are there any other ways? Through the terminal, for example? I really love this keyboard, it's comfortable!

Do you have a differnt newer keyboard to try and compare your results...(?) This may be telling.

Connect an Apple wireless accessory with Mac

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic ...

Use an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with Mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 7:11 AM in response to Anya2002012

Anya2002012 wrote:

Do you have a differnt newer keyboard to try and compare your results...(?) This may be telling.

Connect an Apple wireless accessory with Mac

Set up your Magic Keyboard, Magic Mouse, or Magic ...

Use an Apple wireless keyboard, mouse, or trackpad with Mac

Keyboard not working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.