Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Soundcard not registering [Cirrus Logic HD Audio]

Maybe this has been said before, but I'm running the bootcamp (3.1).
I haven't seen any improvements to the driver for the soundcard.
I run two different media recording programs on my mac, but the XP side won't
recognize the soundcard (most programs enable use of recording directly from the sound card itself) on any of the programs (I've tried several different programs leading to the same outcome), it only registers the microphone.

Has anyone encountered this problem as well?

I know there's a fix posted for the realtek drivers, but the cirrus drivers still have the problem.

Mid 2009 Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Running Bootcamp [Win XP SP3]

Posted on Aug 11, 2010 11:59 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2010 12:09 PM in response to Community User

It's October 9th, 2010... and I can't find a solution for this. I'm using Bootcamp: Windows XP SP3. My mic works -- only playback is stuck at like 2 or 3 times slower than the regular speed. I don't know how to fix this manually and my assumption is that I need a driver. Playback voice sounds like an alien in programs I use for gaming such as "Ventrilo" -- If there is any help out there -- I could use it.

Cirrus Logic HD Audio not playing back at normal speed. Records fine. Just nobody can understand me if I talk to them via my mic.

Oct 20, 2010 10:41 AM in response to breezebringer

breezebringer: I just fixed my microphone - I had the exact problem you did. It's a simple driver update but the device manager isn't aware a better driver exists for some stupid reason. I was able to update successfully by following the instructions on this site: http://flarn2006.blogspot.com/2009/11/fix-audio-problems-when-running-xp-in.html

Hope that helps!

Soundcard not registering [Cirrus Logic HD Audio]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.