Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging

At what percent should I begin charging my MacBook Pro and up to what percent to keep my battery’s lifespan optimal?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 7:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2022 7:24 PM

If you are near a plug, keep your MacBook Pro plugged in. When you need to use your Mac without being plugged in, use it unplugged, but then plug in when you're near a mains.

Use Optimized Battery Charging on your Mac and let your Mac manage the health of the battery. It's designed to take the guess work out of worrying about when to charge.

Here is a link from Apple about charging your Mac --> Charge the MacBook Pro battery - Apple Support (CA)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 16, 2022 7:24 PM in response to cadencopley

If you are near a plug, keep your MacBook Pro plugged in. When you need to use your Mac without being plugged in, use it unplugged, but then plug in when you're near a mains.

Use Optimized Battery Charging on your Mac and let your Mac manage the health of the battery. It's designed to take the guess work out of worrying about when to charge.

Here is a link from Apple about charging your Mac --> Charge the MacBook Pro battery - Apple Support (CA)

Aug 16, 2022 9:03 PM in response to cadencopley

Most battery degradation is a result of depleting and charging the battery, so keeping it connected to battery power is the best way to maximize battery longevity. It might still be a good idea to occasionally use it on battery power.

That being said, sometimes one just needs to use a battery and it doesn't make a lot of sense to go to extremes just to try to make the battery last a little bit longer. This is one of those things where it might be so much trouble in overthinking it rather than just using it and living with whatever happens.

Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.