Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim carrier support

How do I change my phone sim carrier

my phone carrier does not support my sim how do I get it fixed to use my sim

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 7:22 AM

It sounds like your phone is “Carrier Locked” to a carrier OTHER than the SIM you are trying to use.

Only the “locking carrier” can release the lock.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

If you are not an active, paying customer of THAT carrier, this might be a difficult proposition.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 7:22 AM in response to ayomide43

It sounds like your phone is “Carrier Locked” to a carrier OTHER than the SIM you are trying to use.

Only the “locking carrier” can release the lock.

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

If you are not an active, paying customer of THAT carrier, this might be a difficult proposition.

Aug 17, 2022 7:22 AM in response to ayomide43

Do you mean the physical frame that hold the SIM? If that is your issue you must get a SIM that fits the holder, not a holder that fits the SIM. Note, however, that all phones sold in the past 10 years use the same size nanoSIM, so if you can’t get the SIM into the SIM holder frame you are not inserting it correctly into the holder.

If you mean your phone says “SIM unsupported” that has nothing to do with the cellular network provider. That means that the phone is locked to a specific carrier, and you can only use SIM cards issued by that carrier, unless the carrier that the phone is locked to unlocks the phone. ONLY the carrier that has locked the phone can unlock it→How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Sim carrier support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.