Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

weird problem with "Africa"

I purchased Toto's song Africa from iTunes for my iPod touch

the sound was a bit muffled turned into a ring tone

I tried purchasing it from Amazon to see if the sound would be clearer

the Amazon version is not the song I purchased from iTunes, the intro is longer, sounds like one track is not at the right sound level and, the lyric come in a different order, will address that issue with Amazon

the problem is, the Amazon version is the only one my ipod will play now

I eventually deleted all versions from my ipod and itunes and my pc and reloaded the iTunes version, it sounds the way it should played on iTunes

but, the Amazon version still plays on the iPod after deleting, turning the iPod off for minutes several times and trying "general, reset"

I've done everything but delete everything and reinstalling all my music... I have a back up I think was done before the Toto fiasco, but, would still take some time to reinstall everything

what is the problem?

is there anything else I can try?

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 8:51 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 18, 2022 2:24 PM in response to wednesdaytgw

Hi wednesdaytgw,

We understand that a certain song is not playing the version you expect. To help, we need more info.

1. Do you sync music manually? Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support
  2. Or do you have Sync Library enabled with Apple Music? Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support
  3. Did you delete both versions, restart your device, and redownload only the Apple version? Redownload music - Apple Support

4. Does more than one version show on your iPod?

5. Do you have other songs from different sources mixed with iTunes stored on your iPod?

6. If you search iTunes and play the sample portion of the song, is it correct?

Keep us updated.

Aug 18, 2022 5:22 PM in response to Eric--F

Hi wednesdaytgw,

We understand that a certain song is not playing the version you expect. To help, we need more info.

I loaded versions from two different sources, changing "info" to call the first "Africa iTunes" to enable the second to load, but no matter which I choose, the iPod played the second, purchased from Amazon that was not the album version

1. Do you sync music manually? Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

******I sync manually *****

1. Or do you have Sync Library enabled with Apple Music? Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music - Apple Support

*** not sure what that is... I don't sync automatically don't subscribe to apple music ******

1. Did you delete both versions, restart your device, and redownload only the Apple version? Redownload music - Apple Support ** tried that, it still played the am axon version, oddly, the apple version sounded as it should played on iTunes, but copied to the iPod, it played the amazon version... three tries at that, that was what was so weird, though... I had a problem my ipod not deleting some podcasts I deleted from I pod and iTunes but, still showed on my iPod but not in the iTunes library that shows when connected to the iPod (cable connection, not wifi)

4. Does more than one version show on your iPod?

***** no, only the newly loaded iTunes version shows

5. Do you have other songs from different sources mixed with iTunes stored on your iPod?

*** yes, some from CDs, some purchased from itunes some from amazon

6. If you search iTunes and play the sample portion of the song, is it correct?

*** I tried playing the version just downloaded again from itunes and just just dragged and dropped from my iTunes library to the iPod together, the iPod version plays a longer intro and then starts in mid song with the same version playing on iTunes stated at the same time, plays the authentic version

so, having deleted the amazon version and reinstalled the iTunes version (deleted and reinstalled) several times, the iPod continued to play the amazon version

the amazon version sounds like it might have been a variation from a concert or something, the tracts not sometimes at the same volume level... and different music filling in at different parts of the song and, it's longer

*****the weird thing is that deleted, several times, that version still plays

Keep us updated.

*****I did finally decide to do a reset, back to factory settings and manual download of my music etc

I could have planned better for that but, it cleared the podcasts that would not disappear also

still baffled though, it was inexplicable

weird problem with "Africa"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.