Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery levels on AirTags not showing... ???

How to make them show up again...

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 2:32 PM

Hey there uptong,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. The battery level for an AirTag will only be visible in the Find My app if the battery is very low.

You can find this information in the steps listed below from the following resource: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

You can also check the Find My app to see if your AirTag battery needs to be replaced:
1. Open the Find My app.
2. Tap the Items tab.
3. Tap the AirTag whose battery charge you want to check.
4. If the charge is very low, Low Battery appears under the name of your AirTag. 

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 2:32 PM in response to uptong

Hey there uptong,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. The battery level for an AirTag will only be visible in the Find My app if the battery is very low.

You can find this information in the steps listed below from the following resource: How to replace the battery in your AirTag - Apple Support

You can also check the Find My app to see if your AirTag battery needs to be replaced:
1. Open the Find My app.
2. Tap the Items tab.
3. Tap the AirTag whose battery charge you want to check.
4. If the charge is very low, Low Battery appears under the name of your AirTag. 

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Aug 18, 2022 8:09 PM in response to uptong

The page Chris_V89 has linked is dated 20/07/2022 - about a month ago. Around this time Apple seems to have modified the battery level indicator in Find My in iOS which now no longer appears until the battery is low - or seems to. I don't have an AirTag so I can't see this for myself. There was an iOS update on 20 July so this updated article would be consistent with that update.

I haven't seen any statement from Apple about the AirTag battery power level icon, but this recent article in AppleInsider discusses this, noting the removal of the icon, suggesting that it was only ever indicative at best.

The How to replace the battery in your AirTag page is a bit confusing regarding the battery indicator because it does not mention that it will not appear before the low-power alert is given, as seen in the graphic on that page.. A reader could be forgiven for thinking that the indicator is present always.

Aug 18, 2022 4:25 PM in response to Chris_V89

Hear you.

That may be the case now.

However not until a few days ago, perhaps a couple of weeks ago, not more.

Ever since I first acquired and attached AirTags to the different items, all 12 AirTags displayed the battery level at Find My App launch.

Happened in all our Macs, iPads and iPhones.

Perhaps on Apple Watch as well, but not 100% sure.

Would like to hear from someone who knows.

Apple Customer Service agrees battery level was displayed until recently but could not figure out what happened either.

Gracias,

Battery levels on AirTags not showing... ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.