Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i import and save the entire library from an iphone gen.1

I recently found my old iPhone 1 from 2007. I was able to download all the pictures in the album "Camera roll" from the phone, but that was only about 20% of the pictures i had. I had a lot more pictures in other albums. But i cant seem to access these. The phone is from a pre iCloud era, so it won't help syncing to any cloud. Any advice?

iPhone

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 10:28 AM

1 reply

Aug 18, 2022 2:38 PM in response to Kreativer

Hey there Kreativer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. For help with transferring your photos and videos from your old iPhone to a computer, check out the steps listed below from the following resource that can help: Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Import to your Mac

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable.
2. Open the Photos app on your computer.
3. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn't automatically appear, click the device's name in the Photos sidebar.
4. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust to continue.
5. Choose where you want to import your photos. Next to "Import to," you can choose an existing album or create a new one.
6. Select the photos you want to import and click Import Selected, or click Import All New Photos.
7. Wait for the process to finish, then disconnect your device from your Mac.

Import to your Windows PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using the Windows Photos app:
1. Update to the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
2. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
3. If asked, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device using your passcode.
4. If you see a prompt on your iOS or iPadOS device asking you to Trust This Computer, tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, visit Microsoft's website to learn how to import photos to the Windows Photos app in Windows 10.

When you import videos from your iOS or iPadOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in the Windows Photos app. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

If you want to ensure photos from your iOS or iPadOS device have the best compatibility with Windows 10, try these steps:
1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, open the Settings app.
2. Tap Camera, then tap Formats.
3. Tap Most Compatible. From now on, your camera will create photos and videos in JPEG and H.264 formats.

Let us know if that's able to help.

Cheers!

How do i import and save the entire library from an iphone gen.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.