Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to order parts of a Mac to repair it?

If it is possible to order from another country pieces to repair a MacBook Pro Retina 13-Inch, Late 2013

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 3:58 PM

Apple doesn't sell any repair parts other than a few iPhone parts such as batteries, displays, or screw kits.

Apple currently only makes Mac repair parts available to official channels, and they require that the part replaced becomes their property.

You can certainly find aftermarket part suppliers. They have aftermarket parts and/or salvage parts. And in many cases that will be the only means to repair an older Mac if Apple has discontinued all service. A few case screws fell out of my MacBook Pro and I found an aftermarket replacement kit, but a complete set. There are simple parts, but if you've got something more complex it may be harder to find suitable parts.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 3:58 PM in response to andresVargas

Apple doesn't sell any repair parts other than a few iPhone parts such as batteries, displays, or screw kits.

Apple currently only makes Mac repair parts available to official channels, and they require that the part replaced becomes their property.

You can certainly find aftermarket part suppliers. They have aftermarket parts and/or salvage parts. And in many cases that will be the only means to repair an older Mac if Apple has discontinued all service. A few case screws fell out of my MacBook Pro and I found an aftermarket replacement kit, but a complete set. There are simple parts, but if you've got something more complex it may be harder to find suitable parts.

Is it possible to order parts of a Mac to repair it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.