Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset my iPad 2 without the password to my old deleted email?

How can I reset my ipad 2 without the password to my old deleted email?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2022 3:01 PM

Resetting you iPad will require the AppleID credentials that were last used to successfully activate the iPad. If these have also been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

Unless you AppleID account has not been fully/correctly configured, or has been seriously neglected, recovery of the AppleID and password should not be difficult. If your AppleID account has been properly set-up, loss of access to the primary email address (that identifies your AppleID account) will not, of itself, prevent account recovery.

More information about recovery of your AppleID:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

More information about recovery of your AppleID password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

When you recover access to your credentials, you would be well advised to log-in to your AppleID account from a web browser - and verify/update any email addresses and trusted telephone numbers:

https://appleid.apple.com

As a last resort:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2022 3:01 PM in response to Community User

Resetting you iPad will require the AppleID credentials that were last used to successfully activate the iPad. If these have also been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

Unless you AppleID account has not been fully/correctly configured, or has been seriously neglected, recovery of the AppleID and password should not be difficult. If your AppleID account has been properly set-up, loss of access to the primary email address (that identifies your AppleID account) will not, of itself, prevent account recovery.

More information about recovery of your AppleID:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

More information about recovery of your AppleID password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

When you recover access to your credentials, you would be well advised to log-in to your AppleID account from a web browser - and verify/update any email addresses and trusted telephone numbers:

https://appleid.apple.com

As a last resort:

How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Aug 17, 2022 1:53 PM in response to Community User

Forget this very old iPad, at this point.

It is a 10-year old device that has not been supported, by Apple, in 6 years and has NO third party app support, any longer and is completely obsolete.

If you cannot get into this iPad, then no one will, either.

Just forget about this ancient iPad.

Just properly recycle this device by dropping off at your nearest Apple Store location or recycle with a local electronics recycler.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

How can I reset my iPad 2 without the password to my old deleted email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.