Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I claim VAT back if I order a MacBook online and pick it up in a local Apple Store?

I'm currently living in Switzerland and I'm interested in a MacBook with an English keyboard layout. It seems that local stores do not offer it with USA/UK layouts and, therefore, I must purchase it online. Is it possible to get a Global Blue VAT refund form when I purchase an Apple product online?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:05 AM

You need to contact the online store directly yourself regarding such matters. Nobody in these forums represents Apple sales or any store.

Apple's Swiss online store does offer US, British, and International English keyboard machines. Is that where you are going to buy from? Apple stores do not sell outside their own country.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 5:05 AM in response to rafaelMacAir

You need to contact the online store directly yourself regarding such matters. Nobody in these forums represents Apple sales or any store.

Apple's Swiss online store does offer US, British, and International English keyboard machines. Is that where you are going to buy from? Apple stores do not sell outside their own country.

Aug 18, 2022 12:22 PM in response to rafaelMacAir

I don't believe you'll be able to do that with an online purchase. The process seems to require a purchase at a physical store and a refund request that is made at a transit point leaving the area.

If you want to do, you might need to buy from a store outside the EEA, such as in the UK outside of Northern Ireland. However, I'm not sure what benefit that would be since you might need to pay duties on it upon return to Switzerland.

Can I claim VAT back if I order a MacBook online and pick it up in a local Apple Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.