You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data bases for pages

I’m VERY new to pages, in fact the whole apple thingy verse, despite having been an iPhone user since the get go. I’m wanting to be able to create - for use on iPad - a data base that will recognise what it is I’m inputting and auto fill the rest of the line (specifically for invoicing) I’d also like to be able to take portions, say Cost to purchase; and have it calculate that as an independent seperate total.

Can it be done?

example

2457. (This might complete the line to say blow fly spray, 1 unit, $10 per unit, $10 total, $7.50 cost. The total would keep compounding down the columns as more info is added

then

2489; (auto completes with the ability to change quantity) flea powder, 3 units, $6, $18 total, 8 cost

i hope this is clear and I hope not too complicated to be able to undertake

Not even certain of the correct app to use. I’m coming over from a little understanding of windows. Wife uses Apple @ work so we’re going all in with apple

TIA

iPad mini 4, 15

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:49 AM

There is no database that integrates with Pages, or Numbers. Use a table object (or Numbers spreadsheet) and the following information to form cell data and logic in the table. Not everything supported in Numbers tables is available in Pages tables, and due to implementation differences due to hardware features, Apple's applications on iPadOS may differ from those on macOS.

Formulas and Functions Help - Apple Support

Pages - Official Apple Support

Numbers - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2022 7:49 AM in response to Tetero

There is no database that integrates with Pages, or Numbers. Use a table object (or Numbers spreadsheet) and the following information to form cell data and logic in the table. Not everything supported in Numbers tables is available in Pages tables, and due to implementation differences due to hardware features, Apple's applications on iPadOS may differ from those on macOS.

Formulas and Functions Help - Apple Support

Pages - Official Apple Support

Numbers - Official Apple Support

Data bases for pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.