Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleID 2FA authentication

Hello!

I recently updated my AppleID and had earlier activated the 2FA authentication. I was quite surprised to notice that the phone number was no longer there! Why and how did this happen? Is it because of Apple’ s security update policy reasons or what?

And is there any reason to be worried?

Thank you for replying!

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 8:47 AM

Interesting. With two factor authentication on there has to be a trusted phone number. If there isn’t a trusted phone number it almost sounds like two factor authentication wasn’t enabled and that’s why you weren’t seeing a phone number.

It’s good to hear your trusted phone number is added back, however this is a customer to customer forum it Apple doesn’t routinely monitor it so you’re not likely to get a answer directly from Apple here .

I would check for any unknown devices on your account or iCloud Find My. Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support and See information about devices signed in with your Apple ID on iCloud.com - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 8:47 AM in response to Nonamousy

Interesting. With two factor authentication on there has to be a trusted phone number. If there isn’t a trusted phone number it almost sounds like two factor authentication wasn’t enabled and that’s why you weren’t seeing a phone number.

It’s good to hear your trusted phone number is added back, however this is a customer to customer forum it Apple doesn’t routinely monitor it so you’re not likely to get a answer directly from Apple here .

I would check for any unknown devices on your account or iCloud Find My. Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in - Apple Support and See information about devices signed in with your Apple ID on iCloud.com - Apple Support

AppleID 2FA authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.