Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you stop sharing location without notifying them

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:41 AM

You can cease sharing your location at any time, permanently or temporarily. Obviously, your contact would be aware of this.

See Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Stop sharing your location

You can stop sharing your location with a specific friend or hide your location from everyone.

• Stop sharing with a friend: Tap People at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the person you don’t want to share your location with. Tap Stop Sharing My Location, then tap Stop Sharing Location.
  • Hide your location from everyone: Tap Me at the bottom of the screen, then turn off Share My Location.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 7:41 AM in response to eto-

You can cease sharing your location at any time, permanently or temporarily. Obviously, your contact would be aware of this.

See Share your location in Find My on iPhone

Stop sharing your location

You can stop sharing your location with a specific friend or hide your location from everyone.

• Stop sharing with a friend: Tap People at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of the person you don’t want to share your location with. Tap Stop Sharing My Location, then tap Stop Sharing Location.
  • Hide your location from everyone: Tap Me at the bottom of the screen, then turn off Share My Location.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.