Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear and reuse the brand new iPAD PRO that my son just purchased before he died?

My son had just purchased a brand new iPAD PRO, keyboard, and pencil about 1 month before he passed away unexpectedly. I would like to have my wife be able to use this device. However, we do not have access to his apple ID, we do not know his passcode, and i'm at a dead end. In short, there isn't anything on the ipad that i'm trying to save. I just want to wipe it and start fresh.

I have a death certificate, the purchase receipt. Someone mentioned a court order? I cannot find information on what that is specifically, nor where I would go with it. Can someone offer some suggestions for me, or is this brand new system essentially useless to me?

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 7:24 AM

You can try the Activation Lock support request from the previously provided link, or follow these instructions: How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

2 replies

How do I clear and reuse the brand new iPAD PRO that my son just purchased before he died?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.