Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my email address for any correspondence and still keep my apple ID?

Can I change my email address for any correspondence from Apple and still keep my apple ID?

iPhone X

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 12:07 PM

Never mind. I figured it out. I had added a correspondence email address but Apple was still sending all email correspondence to my Apple ID email account!! When I tried to change my Apple ID to my correspondence email, it said that I could not use that new email address!! I had to remove my correspondence email address first then go to change my Apple ID and then it allowed me to use new email address and all is good. All because Apple does not have a method to allow you to send all email correspondence to a different email address as apple ID, turns out correspondence email is simply for password recovery purposes or something like that!! Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 12:07 PM in response to Ironman53

Never mind. I figured it out. I had added a correspondence email address but Apple was still sending all email correspondence to my Apple ID email account!! When I tried to change my Apple ID to my correspondence email, it said that I could not use that new email address!! I had to remove my correspondence email address first then go to change my Apple ID and then it allowed me to use new email address and all is good. All because Apple does not have a method to allow you to send all email correspondence to a different email address as apple ID, turns out correspondence email is simply for password recovery purposes or something like that!! Cheers.

Can I change my email address for any correspondence and still keep my apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.