Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3G Europe

I have an old iPad Air (Model MF009LL/A). It has an AT@T, 3G (I think), sim card. Can I use this in Europe? That is, buy a sim card there? Might 3G be a problem?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 11:37 AM

Whether or not you will be able to do that will depend on where the carriers in the country or countries you’re going to are with their network rollouts.

In the US, all 3G networks except for Verizon’s CDMA network have been shut down and that will be gone by the end of the year.

Many countries are working through the same process. You will have to inquire with the carriers you want to use in the various countries you will be in.

We do have some members in these forums in Europe, hopefully, they can chime in with more up to date and detailed information.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 11:37 AM in response to Qomsheh

Whether or not you will be able to do that will depend on where the carriers in the country or countries you’re going to are with their network rollouts.

In the US, all 3G networks except for Verizon’s CDMA network have been shut down and that will be gone by the end of the year.

Many countries are working through the same process. You will have to inquire with the carriers you want to use in the various countries you will be in.

We do have some members in these forums in Europe, hopefully, they can chime in with more up to date and detailed information.

iPad 3G Europe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.