Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since some time timemachine cannot make a backup on time capsule. I get the message: Couls not access the image of the backup volume "iMac.sparsebundle" (Mistake 19)c

Since some time timemachine cannot make a backup on time capsule. I get the message: Could not access the image of the backup volume "iMac.sparsebundle" (Mistake 19) any suggestions?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 11:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 28, 2022 10:58 AM in response to rhythmathias

The message that you are seeing indicates that your backup file has likely become corrupted and is no longer useable. To confirm if this is the case......

Click on the Time Machine 'clock" icon at the top of the Mac's screen

Select Verify Backups and run the diagnostic check

The check might take anywhere from 10-60 minutes or more depending on how much data is stored on the Time Capsule hard drive.

Let the process run until it completes......or......until you see an error message.

If an error message appears, please post back with the exact text of the message.

You can watch the progress of the check by clicking on the Time Machine "clock" icon and then clicking on Open Time Machine Preferences

Since some time timemachine cannot make a backup on time capsule. I get the message: Couls not access the image of the backup volume "iMac.sparsebundle" (Mistake 19)c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.