Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp notifications not coming through

I have been using my apple watch for about two months now, without any problems. Until a few days ago my whatsapp notifications haven’t come through my apple watch, they are just being delivered silently on my iphone. I just see the notification on my phone, but when i receive the notification, my phone doesn’t light up, or play the notification sound. It’s just like I’d received it on my apple watch, except i didn’t. I’ve now turned off notifications for whatsapp in the watch app and now i have got my usual notification behavior back (the one without the apple watch that is) but I’d still want the notifications coming through my apple watch. Does anyone know a fix?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 1:11 PM

Go to your iPhone Settings and select Notifications then WhatsApp Messenger.

Then activate the Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Centre option.

Open the Watch app from your Apple iPhone, then open Notifications in the Watch app.

From here you can view all Apple Watch-supported apps, so scroll down until you see the WhatsApp Messenger app then activate the notification button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2022 1:11 PM in response to mintliquor

Go to your iPhone Settings and select Notifications then WhatsApp Messenger.

Then activate the Allow Notifications and Show in Notification Centre option.

Open the Watch app from your Apple iPhone, then open Notifications in the Watch app.

From here you can view all Apple Watch-supported apps, so scroll down until you see the WhatsApp Messenger app then activate the notification button.

Whatsapp notifications not coming through

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.