Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad sound cannot be muted in zoom App or WebEx App

Hi,

how can I turn off the speaker completely on my iPad when I am watching a streamed lecture/video conference on zoom/Webex etc.? The sound dial goes to the minimum but not to complete silent. This is annoying when you sit in an audience (physically with other people around) yet want to see the shared screen on your iPad (e.g. when the screen is too far away, so the iPad screen is more convenient).

Thanks,

Nino

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Aug 18, 2022 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:03 AM

To fully mute audio from the speaker, adjust the volume from the Control Centre. To expose the Control Centre, swipe-downwards from the top-right of the screen.

From the Control Centre, to fully mute audio, swipe downwards with your finger on the volume slider - sliding your finger below the bottom of the visible scale. The icon will change to show that audio is muted:

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 4:03 AM in response to NinoPupino

To fully mute audio from the speaker, adjust the volume from the Control Centre. To expose the Control Centre, swipe-downwards from the top-right of the screen.

From the Control Centre, to fully mute audio, swipe downwards with your finger on the volume slider - sliding your finger below the bottom of the visible scale. The icon will change to show that audio is muted:

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

IPad sound cannot be muted in zoom App or WebEx App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.