Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing battery

can i change my 2nd gen se battery with the 3rd gen? my battery health is low and i wanna replaced it with the 3rd gen because the capacity is bigger.

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2022 4:20 AM

There's some doubt the physical shape of the newer SE3 battery would fit into an older SE2 iPhone.

And there also are good reasons why battery life seems different between two models of iPhone.

The new iPhone SE (3) has (physically) larger battery than old (SE2) - The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/8/22967821/iphone-se-third-generation-larger-battery

A better idea may be to get quality Apple batteries and try to not run the charge cycles high.

Charge the battery sufficiently and let it do all it can, based on engineers and researched data.

Others who only sought to get a newer SE3, and pay the extra for a new Phone; are wiser to

get a new battery, no new phone; & take better care, to not accelerate that battery's demise.

Certain model of iPhone have various specifications, such as the ability to run 5G;

which has a higher tariff on battery life, than older 4G; and earlier cellular bands.

And with a larger display, processor (apple silicon integration) are able to sustain.

The concern of late has been this matter of bad actors, who try hard to make life

more difficult; for Us, plus our Devices. Phones & computers; upgrade, as possible.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 19, 2022 4:20 AM in response to Ravndraka

There's some doubt the physical shape of the newer SE3 battery would fit into an older SE2 iPhone.

And there also are good reasons why battery life seems different between two models of iPhone.

The new iPhone SE (3) has (physically) larger battery than old (SE2) - The Verge

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/8/22967821/iphone-se-third-generation-larger-battery

A better idea may be to get quality Apple batteries and try to not run the charge cycles high.

Charge the battery sufficiently and let it do all it can, based on engineers and researched data.

Others who only sought to get a newer SE3, and pay the extra for a new Phone; are wiser to

get a new battery, no new phone; & take better care, to not accelerate that battery's demise.

Certain model of iPhone have various specifications, such as the ability to run 5G;

which has a higher tariff on battery life, than older 4G; and earlier cellular bands.

And with a larger display, processor (apple silicon integration) are able to sustain.

The concern of late has been this matter of bad actors, who try hard to make life

more difficult; for Us, plus our Devices. Phones & computers; upgrade, as possible.

Changing battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.